Before scanning down this page – GUESS! Come’on take a guess – which style of electric guitar was the best selling this year?
- Les Paul?
We can thank Reverb.com for the data with the answers! Their second installment of this year’s best-selling gear is hereand they break down the top 20 most-popular electric, acoustic, and bass guitars of 2021 – 2022, respectively, according to how many units were sold.
OK, enough of the suspense! Telecaster was the most popular style in electric guitar sales for 2021. In the higher end range, the Tele’s barely squeaked by Fender’s Player Series Stratocaster, but in the “Po-boy” category, the Squier Telecasters beat out Squier Strats by a much larger margin.
You can check out Reverb’s list of top-selling electric guitars here (link) or allow me to steal a bit of their thunder and show the list below..
- Fender Player Telecaster
- Fender Player Stratocaster
- PRS Silver Sky John Mayer Signature
- Squier Affinity Telecaster
- Fender American Professional II Stratocaster
- PRS SE Custom 24
- Fender American Professional II Telecaster
- Gibson Les Paul Standard ’60s
- Gibson Les Paul Standard ’50s
- ESP LTD EC-1000
- Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
- Fender American Standard Stratocaster
- PRS CE 24
- Fender American Professional Series Stratocaster
- Fender American Ultra Telecaster
- Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster
- Squier Classic Vibe ’60s Jazzmaster
- Fender American Standard Stratocaster (1986–2000)
- Gibson Les Paul Classic
- Fender Standard Stratocaster (1998–2005)